Laid Back Block of the Month featuring the Rise Above Quilt
When we put together this BOM we were thinking "laid back" and "fun"! The Rise Above Quilt designed by Charisma Horton is a fun, approachable quilt that you will look forward to working on each month of the program.
What makes this "laid back"? There are lots of large pieces, it's all solids so you don't have to worry about directional fabrics or fussy cutting, and all the blocks are straight-foward machine piecing like squares, half square triangles, or flying geese!
The finished quilt measures 96" x 96", making it big enough to put on a bed. We just love the bright colors and fun block layout.
This BOM runs for 10 months, from November 2020 to August 2021.
The quilt is made starting in the center with the large blocks, which is the perfect way to ease into this project during the holiday season. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment but won't need to devote a ton of time to completing November and December's blocks!
The BOM includes the instructions and all the fabric needed for the top and binding, plus instructional videos and access to our BOM member group on Facebook.
What's included for participants?
- Monthly fabric & pattern packs (includes all fabric needed for the top and binding of the quilt)
- Access to our members-only Laid Back BOM group on Facebook
- Instructional videos on half square triangle and flying geese blocks (vieweable in the Facebook group)
- Discounts on related tools and supplies that help make this quilt
- An exclusive Gotham Quilts designed commemorative gift in month 10 (it's a surprise!)
It's not a race, but...
The first BOM member to finish their quilt top after the program ends wins edge-to-edge longarming of their quilt FOR FREE!
Who will finish first!?
- Pay in Full -- $200 (a $50 savings compared to the monthly option!) >> Click here to sign up
- Pay Monthly -- 10 equal payments of $25. The first payment is at signup, then monthly starting in November through July. >> Click here to sign up
- International -- $200 plus shippping. International members will receive one package in November containing the entire BOM. >> Click here to sign up
Q: What fabrics will I get?
A: All the fabrics are the solids shown in the photo of the finished quilt.
Q: Can I participate if I don't live in the NYC area?
A: YES! Shipping is included in the price.
Q: Is the BOM available internationally?
A: YES! For international members, we will ship the entire BOM program in the first month to save you on shipping charges. Choose the "international" option and the shipping charge will be calculated at checkout once you enter your address.
Q: Can I sign up without the fabric?
A: No, there is no pattern-only option for this BOM.
Q: What size is the quilt?
A: The quilt finishes at 96" x 96".
Email us at email@example.com and we'll get right back to you!