You have no items in your shopping cart.
Learn how to make your first quilt! We'll teach you everything from how to choose fabrics, how to read a pattern and use a rotary cutter to quilting and finally binding. With the included book, customized instructions and knowledgeable teacher, you'll gain the skills and confidence to complete this project, and hopefully many more!
The intention is for you to have a finished baby-size quilt (or bigger) by the end of the class, but depending on the project YOU want to make and YOUR particular sewing speed and skills, this cannot be guaranteed. Please note: Sewing at home between classes will be required to finish the quilt.
Teacher: Andrea Deal
Must know how to use a sewing machine. No quilting experience necessary.
This class meets from 1-3pm on the following dates:
Tuesday, Sept. 21st
Tuesday, Sept. 28th
Tuesday, October 5th
Tuesday, October 12th
Tuesday, October 19th
BERNINA and bernette sewing machines, cutting mats, neutral thread and irons will be provided for use in the classroom.
Required Supplies(all supplies available at Gotham Quilts):
- Make Your First Quilt by Alex Anderson - included in class fee
- Your choice of fabric - A handout with detailed fabric requirements will be emailed about a week before class, but you will need approx. 1-1.5 yds of 5 different fabrics for the quilt top and 3-4 yds for backing.
- Cotton batting (not needed until the 3rd class)
- Rotary cutting mat for use at home
- Patchwork and Quilting Class Starter Kit OR
- Rotary cutter
- 6" x 24" Rotary ruler
- Sewing pins
- Curved basting pins (not needed until the 3rd class)
- Seam ripper
- 12.5" Square rotary ruler
- 6" x 12" Rotary ruler
- Coordinating thread
- Fabric scissors