Join the team at Gotham Quilts, a bright and happy quilt shop in midtown. Our customers are hobby home quilters who come to us for all their quilting needs, from fabric and tools to BERNINA sewing machines and classes.
Sewing and Quilting Teachers (contractor)
We are looking for teachers in the NYC area to teach in-person classes at our store. Our classroom is equipped with BERNINA and bernette sewing machines, irons, design walls, and everything else teachers need to lead successful classes.
We offer classes during weekday afternoons and evenings as well as on Saturdays, and we teach everything from beginner techniques to advanced skills.
Teachers are 1099 contractors who set their own schedules with our Class Coordinator. We split class registration fees with teachers, meaning you are paid according to how many people are in your class. We encourage teachers to promote their classes to their own audiences in addition to the store promoting them to our existing customers.
Teachers also enjoy a store discount!
We're looking for teachers for the following classes/skills:
- Intro to sewing machines
- Intro to patchwork
- Intro to embroidery
- Intro to English paper piecing
- Intro to free motion quilting
- Intro to garment sewing
Please note there is a set of stairs to access the classroom.
- Students and teachers must be vaccinated and wear masks during the entire class period
- We are currently limiting classes to 6 students so that we can spread out in the classroom
- Customers are required to wear masks
- We provide KN95 masks for employees and contractors
- Send a cover letter describing your teaching experience and availability to email@example.com.