2021 Nebula Plus Quilt Block of the Month
The Gotham Quilts Nebula Plus BOM Program
Jaybird Quilts has designed an awesome new block of the month quilt using the upcoming Tula Pink True Colors fabric collection!
This quilt is a perfect project for advanced beginners to intermediate-level quilters -- you'll get lots of practice cutting with rulers and sewing accurate 1/4" seams. And don't worry, NO y-seams!
What's the "plus" part? The two exclusive pillow sham patterns that Andrea has designed to coordinate with the Nebula quilt!
This BOM runs for 11 months, from January to November 2021.
The quilt is composed of 9 unique diamond blocks that make the center star. In months 1-9 you will make 2 of each of these diamonds, month 10 is the background, and month 11 is the pillow shams.
The BOM includes the instructions, with full-size templates, and enough fabric to make a queen size (97" x 96") quilt. Instructions are also included for making the quilt in a lap or king size (you will need to purchase additional background fabric for the king size).
Also included are fabric and instructions to make the 2 coordinating pillow shams, which fit standard 26" x 20" bed pillows.
What's included for participants?
- How-to videos from the designer, Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts
- Monthly fabric packs (includes all fabric needed for the top and binding of the quilt, and the top, binding, and back of 2 pillow shams)
- Discounts on related tools and supplies, like the Jaybird Quilts Sidekick and Hex N More Rulers that can be used to make this quilt more easily
- An exclusive Tula Pink designed Nebula BOM quilt label
- An exclusive Tula Pink designed 18" x 14" polka dot project bag (great for storing your tools or fabrics)
- An exclusive Gotham Quilts designed commemorative gift in month 10 (it's a surprise!)
It's not a race, but...
The first BOM member to finish their quilt top and shams after the program ends wins edge-to-edge longarming of their quilt FOR FREE!
Who will finish first!?
- Pay in Full -- $350 (a $50 savings compared to the installment option!) >> Click here to sign up
- Pay in Installments -- 4 equal payments of $100 each. First at signup, then in January, May, and September. >> Click here to sign up
Q: What fabrics will I get?
A: All the fabrics are exactly the same as shown in the photo of the finished quilt. They are all fabrics from the the Tula Pink True Colors, HomeMade, and All Stars collections.
Q: Can I participate if I don't live in the NYC area?
A: YES! Shipping is included in the price.
Q: Is the BOM available internationally?
A: Unfortunately, no, we can only ship to US addresses for this program.
Q: Can I sign up without the pillow shams?
A: No, this BOM includes our exclusive coordinating pillow shams.
Q: What size is the quilt?
A: The BOM includes enough fabric for the top and binding of a queen size quilt measuring 97" x 96". Instructions are also included for making a throw size and king size quilt. Please note that you will need to purchase additional background fabric to make the king size.
Q: I want to make the king size, what fabric do I need to add?
A:We don't yet know the details for the King size because we don't yet have the pattern. But we will be offering an add-on for the fabric needed for the King option so it will be easy for you to make the king size option.
Email us at email@example.com and we'll get right back to you!